Nu Leaf Produce Market Flyers and Emails Going To Spam?
Sometimes, your inbox decides to hide our newsletter in the “junk” folder and you miss that weekly flyer you’ve been waiting for. We don’t like that either, so we did some research on how to fix this pesky little issue.
Please Note – all of our email newsletters are sent from the account: info @nuleafproducemarket.com using Mailchimp.
Mailchimp offers recommendation on how to fix blocked images by adding our email as a safe sender. You can read more here: https://mailchimp.com/help/about-safe-sender-lists/
If you’re confident the message is not malicious:
Quick Fix: In the top right, tap the More symbol (three dots in a vertical line) and select: Not spam.
- On your computer, open Gmail.
- Next to Search, click the Down arrow .
- In the “From” field, type the sender’s email address.
- In the bottom right, click Create filter with this search.
- Check Never send it to Spam.
- Click Create filter.
To choose from which addresses Hotmail should never send email to spam, access the Safe senders list and type the email addresses into the list.
- Click the settings gear icon at the top right of Outlook.com.
- Click View all Outlook settings at the bottom of the pop-out menu.
- Go to Mail > Junk email.
- Type a sender’s email address or domain into the text box in the Safe senders area.
- Click Add.
- Click Save at the top of the page.
Outlook Spam Issues
Solution 1 – Mark a certain email as Not Spam/Junk
One of the easiest solutions is to mark a certain email or a certain email sender as Not Spam/Junk. In this way you will let Outlook know that that email is of interest to you. To do that, follow the steps:
- Go to the Junk email folder.
- Select the email of interest to you.
- Now go to Home tab, click on Junk and from the list that appears choose Not junk.
- A Mark as Not Junk window will appear. Check the Always trust email from XXX@XXX.com.
Solution 2 – Add a sender to the Safe Senders List
- Select an email from the sender of interest to you
- Right-click it. In the menu that appears click on Junk > Never Block Sender
- A new window with the message The sender of the selected message has been added to your Safe Senders List.
- Click OK.
Alternatively, you can go to Outlook.com and click on Settings > View all Outlook settings > Mail > Junk email and add Safe senders and domains or Safe mailing lists.
Mac Mail Spam Issues
- Launch Mac Mail using the Dock icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Open the junk mail folder, and then double-click the message that Mac Mail incorrectly marked as spam.
- Right-click the email address in the “From” field. If you have a Mac with a one-button mouse, hold the “Control” key while clicking.
- Click “Add to Address Book.” This adds the sender’s email address to your address book, marking it as safe in Mac Mail.
For Telus & Shaw email subscribers, please contact your services provider for troubleshooting help.